When we were approached by Sinewave to provide a lighting solution for the pathway lighting upgrade of a large Pilbara mine site, there was a list of mandatory requirements needed for the area due to it’s function and national park location.
The best light for the job, the Kestrel series (even though it is categorised as a Conveyor Light) was selected for the following features:
- 3000K colour temperature as the lighting in the area needed to be animal friendly.
- The ability to position it low on a pole.
- The Kestrel’s wide light projection due to the angle of the lenses meant the spacing between the light poles could be maximised.
- The solid state integral emergency option – some of the lights used needed to have emergency features for power outages.
- Designed to withstand high vibration/ high impact environments as well as being dust and waterproof.
The customer was very happy with the results, the lights greatly improving the visual clarity of the area at night.